Author Topic: EVE Online  (Read 7017 times)

SexuallyAbusedPanda

• Registered Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »
My younger bro played Eve and it started out small and then he ended up with 7 accounts, 1 titan and loads of other crap and having got a solo hold on some of the markets making components.

He would spend every waking hour and some non waking hours playing Eve. He eventually broke the addiction and sold everything for a few thousand pounds but not before he realised how much time he had lost because of it.

This is not a game you can play casually...

ThEGr33k

• Community Officers
  • Ich habe die Kraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 13:26:10 PM »
My younger bro played Eve and it started out small and then he ended up with 7 accounts, 1 titan and loads of other crap and having got a solo hold on some of the markets making components.

He would spend every waking hour and some non waking hours playing Eve. He eventually broke the addiction and sold everything for a few thousand pounds but not before he realised how much time he had lost because of it.

This is not a game you can play casually...

+1

You have to sink hours in to achieve anything! And then that one achievement that took a few weeks to attain can be taken from you in a 1/10000 of the time it took to get... My example is mining and ratting for weeks to fit a BS out with all the best kit available (all faction kit) and a fucking little vagabond takes you out on the maiden voyage. Stupid. I quit after that.

No thanks. I loved the atmosphere and the game play in general (when it wasnt lagging out) and loved the music. Loved the look of the Amarr ships, they are the bomb, Armageddon :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 15:30:45 PM by ThEGr33k »
        My Youtube Channel

THE_An0mOLy!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 21:52:18 PM »
Geddon ftw, I fly amarr usually 8-)

As much as you're both right.... I have a free 60 day trial and 10 free 21 day trials (the latter we both get a month free if you pay for a month)

Happy Hunting! ^^

ThEGr33k

• Community Officers
  • Ich habe die Kraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 13:29:06 PM »
Geddon looks the best, and is a close range monster. Apoc is a beast for range and ratting. I assume the Abaddon's cap is still shocking? Only issue with amarr is the cap, or was, I can assume its the same now still tbh.

I always wondered how the hell a Battleship is so crappy against smaller ships, I think 1 on 1 with any smaller ship or even 2 smaller ships shouldn't be able to take on a Battleship. Just my thought, especially after the loss of the Apoc against a blasted vegabond, are those still stupid too?
        My Youtube Channel

THE_An0mOLy!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 20:03:48 PM »
I've never flown a PVP Abaddon so I dunno ^^

Apoc is indeed a Beast for range and yes with amarr the main problem is cap since laser weps use so much :P

The problem is there is that a Vagabond is a Tech 2 Cruiser, it's basically designed to puke damage on things and takes a bunch of skills to do so - i.e. unless you're really well fitted it's designed to hurt :D I'm assuming it was too quick for you to hit? :P And that you didn't have a web? ^^

ThEGr33k

• Community Officers
  • Ich habe die Kraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 22:57:28 PM »
Yep those. Was out ratting as a quick test of the setup when he turned up... No one wanted to help. Had no chance.
        My Youtube Channel

THE_An0mOLy!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
Bah :P First rule of eve: Don't fly anything you can't afford to lose
2nd: don't fly anything you can't fit/fly properly
3rd: never take something big into lowsec solo xD

Extro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 15:43:42 PM »
I dunno Panda, I've been playing EvE casually for a couple of years, usually around max 6 hours a week, and in that time manage to easily make enough monies to pay for my subscription (on two accounts) through ingame means. 

Granted, I haven't invested in capital ships, which is where the game changes, and you need to play much more actively to ensure those ships haven't been destroyed while you were logged off...