Author Topic: Fry's random suggestions!  (Read 3377 times)

frymaster

• Community Officers
  • Your argument is invalid, you are a squirrel
    • View Profile
Fry's random suggestions!
« on: May 01, 2012, 16:14:11 PM »
Some random stuff about how we play this at the start:

• Assuming they tweak the overflow system so that people in the same party end up on the same instance, I think we should kinda ignore the personal story arcs and just do world exploration / complete heart quests.  This is because the arcs vary widely from person to person, and it means everyone gets split up and coordinating is hard.
    • After a little while, this doesn't matter as much.  And it's generally still pretty useful for a high-level character to play with a lower level one - it might be a different race, so the high-level is still doing exploration/new content, or the high-level character can be unlocking skills on other weapons etc.
  • Similarly, we should concentrate on a couple of races at most, to start with, since each race has a different starting area
  • Gathering equipment is cheap, available from many general merchants, and gathering nodes are per-person (ie I can't steal "your" metal, and vice versa) so there's no excuse for not getting resources in.  Also, you can right-click on resources and there's an option to send them directly to your bank account, so they don't take up space
  • I think we should get together a list of semi-official guild crafters (ideally not more than 1 craft per person), but we shouldn't enforce anything.  So, for example, if someone wants to learn weaponsmithing on their own, they don't have to send their ore away to the guild weaponsmith, but they'll know who to send their carrots to
  • Crafts that work with metal can make 8-slot boxes from 10 ore... crafts that work with leather can make 8-slot bags from 10 leather, I can see those being useful to everyone at the start
  • There's 3 main useful things in the guild to begin with.  We can focus quite hard on architecture, which gets us a guild bank.  A little work in politics gets us guild insignia (though it's then a LOT of work to get item vendors that will sell stuff related to it).  Or economy lets us buy 3-day perks quite quickly.  Personally I want to get a guild bank up and running to help with crafting, but that's just me.

Suggestions? Comments? And what are we going to do guild-wise?

Humbug

• Community Leaders
    • View Profile
Re: Fry's random suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 16:17:24 PM »
yeah agree. guild bank as priority..

i would like to put myself forward as the chef for the guild as i'll be on most of the time at night and also during the day so i can fill orders without a problem.

Cheers and Good Game

Humbug

https://www.g2a.com/r/humbug    <-- the cheaper way to buy steam games :)

<---VM Gamer Service :)

frymaster

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 16:26:00 PM »
Humbug - Chef
Frymaster - Tailor

anyone else?

JustMoose

• Pod Cast Team
  • justmoose.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • justmoose.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 16:45:06 PM »
My main crafting focus will be leatherworking and I will gladly make armour and the like for fellow guild members

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 16:55:20 PM »
I only really had a look at crafting during my last hours with the Beta, I'm a massive retarded child with this game where EVERYTHING is new and shiny.  I have no idea about most of the things you mentioned fry, but help out I will, in any way I can.

I'm definitely going to be Asuran though, an Asuran engy is like, bread and butter, salt and pepper, fry and master etc.

Crafting does what now? XP I presume, a la Skyrim, but do we then sell items to others for profits?  Sounds cool, wouldn't it be nice to know what's the most expensive stuff so we can concentrate on that?

No idea what a node is, no idea about architecture, banks, politics or more or less, anything else mentioned in the OP.  Ask me to do something, provide me with instructions and it shall be done. 

SexuallyAbusedPanda

• Registered Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 18:09:34 PM »
Tailoring with Jewel Crafting

Willow

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 18:34:30 PM »
Crafting does what now? XP I presume, a la Skyrim, but do we then sell items to others for profits?  Sounds cool, wouldn't it be nice to know what's the most expensive stuff so we can concentrate on that?

No idea what a node is, no idea about architecture, banks, politics or more or less, anything else mentioned in the OP.  Ask me to do something, provide me with instructions and it shall be done.

Crafting allows you to take resources such as metal ores, leather hides, logs of wood etc and create items -

• Weaponsmiths craft melee weapons, such as swords, greatswords, axes, daggers, maces and hammers, as well as shields, spears and sigils.
  • Huntsmen craft ranged weapons like shortbows, longbows, pistols, rifles and harpoon guns, as well as torches, warhorns, and sigils.
  • Artificers craft magical weapons such as staves, scepters, foci and tridents, as well as sigils.
  • Armorsmiths craft heavy armor pieces, as well as inventory boxes and runes.
  • Leatherworkers craft medium armor pieces, as well as inventory packs and runes.
  • Tailors craft light armor pieces, as well as inventory bags and runes.
  • Jewelers craft jewelry, such as rings and necklaces, as well as transmogrify gemstones into higher levels
  • Cooks can prepare food which characters can eat for temporary combat buffs.

These can either be used by yourself or other players. You can sell them at the Trading Post to other players, or send them to your friends / guildmates for free.

A node is a technical term of a resource found in the open world - e.g. a rock you can mine to find ore, a tree you can fell for logs etc.

RE: OP
I didn't get around to playing with crafting during this BWE, but I'll probably dabble in one of the following events! Since I'm most likely playing a thief I'll be looking at taking something related to medium armour, or food. A quick scan tells me that we already have at least one chef and leatherworker so I guess I'll just take whatever is needed!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 18:37:50 PM by Willow »

Skully

• Registered Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 20:38:04 PM »
When I get into the next beta Im gonna give artfice a go, might keep it on launch

Vode

• Blu Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 16:55:26 PM »
I advise you not to refuse a crafting profession on the basis of 'some else got there first', It's nice to have the variety in the game sure, but not a necessity.

I'll prolly be a sucker and go Elementalist with a combination of Tailoring/Artifice/Jeweler.
I used to be a duelist like you, but then I took a card game to the motorcycle.

frymaster

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 19:07:15 PM »
I advise you not to refuse a crafting profession on the basis of 'some else got there first'

this.  the idea of a "guild crafter" isn't to baggsy all the stuff, but just so people know who to email their carrots to when they're clearing out their inventory

Willow

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 21:52:19 PM »
TBH in every MMO I play I inevitable end up as a chef, so I guess I'll cut all the meandering and just do it :p