Author Topic: Neocron  (Read 2719 times)

Wyatt Earp

• Registered Forum Member
    • View Profile
Neocron
« on: October 19, 2012, 16:28:38 PM »
Hi guys!

I am an old Nervous Energy player from way back in 2004 when we played Unreal Tournament - pretty well for the most part. :D

Anyway

as you guys are now a multi game forum I thought I would come here to see if I could drum up some support for a game I am playing. It is called Neocron.

The best way I can describe it to you is similar to Anarchy Online in many respects but I have not played that game so cannot make any direct comparisons.

However if you can think of a game crossed between Judge Dredd and Fallout with a few other 20-21st century references thrown in then you have a very unique Cyberpunk style game.

It is free to play currently as the game itself has been through several developers and is finally currently in the hands of a volunteer dev team from Germany (the original game was German based) and is about to get patched with one of the biggest patches in its ten year history.

It is a little buggy at times and there are overpowered classes and weapons and it does have its flaws in parts but it is truly a unique game.

Personally after having played it for over 10 years now I still love the game and the reason I am here is because it underwent a bit of a revival in recent months. A new server called Titan has been implemented and is Europe based. It is a totally fresh start for all accounts and all characters. Even the ten year vets have had to abandon everything we acquired and start from scratch but this has brought server populations up higher than they have ever been.

It currently peaks at around 300 players most nights - while not "massive" this population is more than enough for the size of the current game world and server loads are usually handled pretty well. The volunteer team is as die hard as any of the other fans and they are dedicated to making the Neocron experience a pleasurable one.

The reason I am here is to try to drum up some support for my clan and bring your world into mine. If anyone fancies playing the game then please feel free to drop me a line on here, via pm or come to register at the NC forums (forum.neocron.com) or my clan forum (NC-regulators.co.uk) my username there is the same as here.

I hope to see some of you downloading the client soon. The official nc site has a few guides on it and there is a wiki/fansite dedicated to everything game related. You will also find some old videos of op fights (end game pvp) on Youtube probably as well.

I hope that this post has piqued a little interest anyway and hope some people will come and join the forum and find out more about this gem of a game.

If anyone does want to then please use my name and quote this forum as the place that you found out about it so I know who is from here or whatever.

Thanks everyone

Peace out.

W

ThEGr33k

• Community Officers
  • Ich habe die Kraft
    • View Profile
Re: Neocron
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »
Or8 Wyatt, been a loooooong time now.  ::)

I cant really commit to one game atm, i'm too into just jumping around and i'm pretty much full on addicted to Minecraft atm. I am having a break from any sort of time = reward style games (I know with argument all games are but 'im sure you know what I mean?) as I find I play them for the sake of getting to that next level and not so much for the fun of it... I recently had my fill of that style with borderlands 2.

I might be chatting crap but im guessing it has leveling etc?

I'm also not so fussed about competitive gaming. I had that in a game that wont be topped for me with UT2k4 so anything now would be too much of an anti climax. :(
        My Youtube Channel

Willow

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
Re: Neocron
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
Hello Wyatt, long time no see!