Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 17716 times)

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 16:17:09 PM »
Here's some footage that shows how you can use your ship's in flight computer to change how you fly. High G-forces can cause you to black or red out when making extreme maneuvers and your ships computer can be set so that doesn't happen. This means you turn slower and get less g-forces. You can set your computer to different modes and fly with more risk of blackout but tighter turns and maneuvers. Brilliant. Here's a video that shows it off a little as well as showing just how brain smackingly gorgeous this game is...in alpha.

The Arena Commander weekly report has lots more juicy details about the imminent arena Commander module which should be with us before the end of the month....maybe...if we're lucky.

(what is it with the temperamental video embedding?)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:47:28 PM by Monkeh »

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
Release date for the Arena Commander V0.8 is 29th May. Chris Roberts says so so it must be true...

this is the first time we've actually had a date though and not some rough estimate. I doubt it's a coincidence the latest beta version of Elite:Dangerous launches on the 30th.

We shall all have access to the single player 'Vanduul Swarm' game mode as well as a free flight mode too. They will start to roll out the multiplayer functions by citizen number. First come first served and all that.

Very excite that I can play with my shiny new spaceship at long last, I feel for the poor people that backed 2 years ago, my very small wait of 5 months pales into comparison.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:47:44 PM by Monkeh »

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
It got delayed due to bugs. Damn bugs. It's real close now though, hopefully early next week.

They released a teaser trailer of some of the AI fighting. It looks amazingly amazing even it is only 18 seconds long or whatever.

Soon spaceship, soon.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:48:31 PM by Monkeh »

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2014, 07:40:33 AM »
Arena Commander is out. The wait is over. The spaceships may fly!

Here's the pdf file of the manual

So everyone gets access to the single player game modes and the multiplayer will be rolled out to more and more people as server stability is assessed.

Check out this video of footage captured as they play...it looks like a film for the sake of things you find holy. I have a 5 and a half hour download of 10 and a half gigs so I'll be flying when I get home from work...wahoo. Hope to see some more of you in the 'verse!

Henchie and Artuim, grab your helmets! Space awaits.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:48:52 PM by Monkeh »

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 23:13:56 PM »
Have now played said Arena Commander alpha.

All kinds of awesome status:

CONFIRMED!

henchie

• Registered Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 17:36:02 PM »
Idd,much muchness

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 11:49:45 AM »
Here's a little video of me playing against the Vanduul swarm. This is already so much fun and it's only going to get better and better and better. I'm bad at the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6awyxngrow

I have now got to the ninth wave, which I'm pretty happy with. 15 in total to beat with elite enemies every three waves.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:49:17 PM by Monkeh »

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »
The more I play this the more depth and skill I see. It really is impressive what they're building here. Just got to 500,000 citizens as well, that's more than EVE Online has ever had AFAIK.

200,000 have been granted access to multiplayer so far, your friendly neigbourhood Monkeh isn't one of those just yet, my citizen number is 260,000 something, but I am looking forward to getting in there and getting myself killed a lot.

Every time I load it up and have a blast at some pesky Vanduul I learn something new and get a slightly better handle on how to control my little spaceship, of course how others handle and fly will be completely different as the weight and physics and thrusts etc. are all modeled perfectly, so simply by moving the position of some thrusters can change how the ship handles even changing weapon loadout can alter flight characteristics.

I always though physics was cool, now it's official. Can't wait for more content to get stuck into, loves me a bit of Star Citizen.

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 21:31:39 PM »
I know I keep going on about this game, (ask my friends, they LOVE hearing about it...ahem), but here's a nice video that is well worth a watch if you like Star Wars or the original Battlestar series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRAt8tg-8co

Hmmm, dreams :)

O0
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 15:49:31 PM by Monkeh »

Simon Tye

• - if -
  • Community Leaders
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
I know I keep going on about this game, (ask my friends, they LOVE hearing about it...ahem), but here's a nice video that is well worth a watch if you like Star Wars or the original Battlestar series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRAt8tg-8co

Hmmm, dreams :)

O0
V.cool.

DeathByDribbling

• Site Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »
Might take a look at this, always enjoyed wing commander.

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 00:03:19 AM »
Might take a look at this, always enjoyed wing commander.

There's a lot to absorb with this, it's kind of ridiculous in scope. Any questions you may have, fire away, I've been reading about the game for months and only know half of it all...

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 17:34:21 PM »
Scumm has jumped onboard as well, so we have 4 nervousCITIZENS ready to fly. The more the merrier says I.

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 14:40:25 PM »
So Christmas has come and now the multiplayer Arena Commander is available for everyone with a game package and access to the alpha module.

It was late last night when I got included and I only had a 10 minute fly against other human beings but wow, it was awesome. Adrenalin pumping, shrieks of panic as I fly-by some nasty enemy, close enough to see the rivets on their hulls...seriously, so good. So good until the inevitable CTD of pre-alpha games of course.

May I suggest to anyone thinking about this amazing game but yet undecided that having a browse through Twitch streams of the game may be a great idea, or have a look at youtube? I'm frothing at the mouth for this to be finished...have you noticed at all?

Reckon I'll be playing a lot of this at LAN so come have a look if you like.

Scummm

• Game Server Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 21:28:49 PM »
I received the email today when I was at work or was it last night and I was to lazy to look at it but it looks like fun