Author Topic: Something for the reviews  (Read 3355 times)

Peacekeeper

• NE Highlander!
  • o0
    • View Profile
Something for the reviews
« on: February 12, 2014, 15:34:57 PM »
I've managed to write again - just a small text in my free time - and I think I could get that done once in a whily. Enter: Pk's game of the month!

February: Hawken

http://www.nervousenergy.co.uk/links-games-reviews/380-pkgotmfeb14

DeathByDribbling

• Site Design
    • View Profile
Re: Something for the reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 22:30:04 PM »
Shame you can't reply under the review.  I played lots of hawken a few months back, not been on recently - got the odd lvl 25 mech.  It was good fun and is actually pretty high skill for what at first seems a game with mechs moving really slowly.  The movement has a touch of unreal too it with the boosts, spins and dodges, and is tricky to do well.  Tactics and map control also key.

On the down side when I played the big servers were all in the US so 200+ ping.  It can also be a bit repetitive after a while.  Still the mechs feel big and powerful and the grind to upgrade not too bad.

If you get into it worth checking forums for codes - I must have got over 20k of the pay-for premium in game money from codes.

Peacekeeper

• NE Highlander!
  • o0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 23:01:11 PM »
wow :o

I just got some matches once in a while, the US servers in connection with my crappy laptop were no fun. but they improved how the machine handles everything and the servers got a lot better... shame i didnt check back the forums frequently, could use them credits well now ;)

my old mechs got reset, so i started out from scratch with the steam version. it got so much better.

the only issue is that servers are currently unavailable due to early access on steam. they need to prepare their synching with steam wallet funds and bla bla bla.
for now it seems that only buying a bundle of stuff will get you the game, but it will be f2p in just a few weeks again.

hit me up if you want to play a few rounds, callsign "Mercury"

Monkeh

• Community Officers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
Got it half downloaded last night, will finish it later and have a look.

Peacekeeper

• NE Highlander!
  • o0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 14:53:18 PM »
March Edition is finally UP! This time: Planetary Annihilation.

Something for the doomsday folks - huge robot armies and apocalyptic meteroid planet smashing :)